Before committing to participating in this course, please read and understand the following.
In purchasing The Dread Shed Certificate in Loctician Training and Natural Dreadlock Making course, you must agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- You will have 3 months from your date of payment to complete this course. Failure to complete the course within the 3-month period will revoke your eligibility to be assessed and receive certification. Only in extreme circumstances will this be negotiable.
- You will automatically receive a 12-month inclusion in The Dread Shed's private Facebook peer support community, as well as 12-months free advertising in our ‘worldwide loctician resources’ area on the website. The 12 months free advertising will begin on the day you successfully complete the course and become certified. Your free advertising and peer support Facebook page inclusion will expire after 12 months. You may opt to pay a yearly fee for advertising and the peer support page after this expiry time.
- The aim of the forum is peer support, however Sam, The Dread Shed owner and course creator, will oversee the forum and participate regularly.
- You will be entitled to one hour of personal after-care, support and/or trouble shooting with Sam. This can be in the form of emails or a Skype call at a mutually agreed time. If using Skype, the 60-minute personal support can be taken as one whole hour or broken into two 30-minute sessions. When one-on-one support from Sam is not necessary or immediately possible, you are encouraged to fully engage in the use of the forum for peer support.
- You are purchasing this course for one persons training only. Upon successful completion of the course a certificate will be issued in only one persons name. If you are a salon with multiple staff wishing to do this training please contact The Dread Shed directly to discuss your needs.
- This course has assessment requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for certification. Assessment requirements include, but are not limited to: forum participation, evidence of work, self-assessment and a competency test.
- You must purchase your own kit in order to partake in this course. The Dread Shed is unable to send a kit to you. All details of what you need and where to purchase are here.
- This course material is copyright protected, and if found to be used for any reason other than as intended by the course creator and listed here, will be punishable by law. Any person(s) discovered to be reselling, redistributing or teaching any part of this course will be dealt with accordingly. Please be aware that this is an offence.
- Many possible scenarios have been included in this course, but it would be information overload for the learner if everything were listed. The course creator has spent months determining what is necessary course content and what is not. Anything that is found to be lacking from the content will be a welcome forum discussion.
- Any negativity or abusive behaviour within the community forum will not be tolerated and the person(s) responsible will be removed immediately and their eligibility for certification revoked. A refund will not be issued.
- If at any time you need help with any Dread Shed course material or techniques you are to seek help from other members of The Dread Shed community within the forum. If you think it is an issue that needs more attention please organize some support time with Sam by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Please put ‘course support request’ and your name in the subject line.
- The Dread Shed takes no responsibility for any work you perform during or after the course.
- You understand that in purchasing this course you are purchasing comprehensive training material, which includes both written and video instruction. Successful completion of this course will give you all the tools and information needed to begin working as a natural dreadlock loctician – that is the promise of the course provider. You understand that once the course is accessed a refund will not be granted for any reason.
- You understand that to keep the price of this course down to an absolute minimum the camera people were paid with dreadlock work and gratitude. Professional filmmakers were not hired and this is how The Dread Shed can charge you [the current price] for this course and not $3000+. As the course creator is a loctician and not a professional filmmaker the filming and editing is not always perfect but this course does provide you with everything you will need to know to make natural dreadlocks for business or personal use. The course creator teaches for the love of this art form and prices it in a way that is hopefully affordable for you as well as respecting The Dread Shed creators knowledge and years of experience.
By purchasing this course you understand, accept and agree to the above terms and conditions.